About Demakis Law
Charles G. DeMakis was born and raised in Minot, North Dakota. Mr. DeMakis graduated from Minot High School in 1996. Mr. DeMakis obtained his Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice Studies from the University of North Dakota in 2000 and his Juris Doctor degree (with distinction) from the University of North Dakota School of Law in 2004. Mr. DeMakis is admitted to practice before the North Dakota Supreme Court, the State of Minnesota, the United States District Court for the District of North Dakota, the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, and the United States Tax Court.
Mr. DeMakis a member of the American Bar Association, State Bar Association of North Dakota, the Ward County Bar Association (past President, past Vice President), and the Kenmare Lions Club. He is currently serving as the Northwest Judicial District Representative to the State Bar Association of North Dakota Board of Governors.
Charles enjoys hunting, fishing, traveling, football, and boating. Charles is married to Ashley (Killmer) DeMakis. They have two sons – Alexander and Caden.
- 2000 University of North Dakota (B.S. Criminal Justice Studies)
- 2004 University of North Dakota School of Law (J.D. with Distinction)
- 2004 Admitted to Bar, State of North Dakota
- 2004 Admitted to Bar, United States Federal Court, District of North Dakota
- 2004 Admitted to Bar United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- Clerked for Camrud, Maddock, Olson and Larson Ltd., Grand Forks, North Dakota
- Clerked for Galstad, Jensen, and McCann, East Grand Forks, Minnesota
- State Bar Association of North Dakota (Member)
- Ward County Bar Association (Member)